What is this?
PDF Metadata Editor is a simple tool you can use to edit the metadata (Author, Keywors, etc.) of a PDF document.
- Support Basic, XMP Pdf, XMP Dublin Core and XMP Rights metadata
- Unicode support, can use all languages and encodings
- Default values to pre-fill if not set in the PDF file
- Rename file on Save using predefined template
- Copy XMP to Document metadata or vice versa on Save
- Batch clear, edit and rename metadata (requires license)
- Command line edit, clear and rename (requires license)
- Export metadata to JSON or YAML (requires license)
Editing pdf metadata:
Batch clear and edit:
And few screenshots:
Update SnakeYaml bceause of CVE-2022-1471
- pdf-metadata-editor-3.0.1-1.x86_64.rpm 39.25 MB
- pdf-metadata-editor-3.0.1-linux-portable.tar.gz 39.31 MB
- pdf-metadata-editor-3.0.1-macos-portable.zip 35.99 MB
- pdf-metadata-editor-3.0.1-windows-portable.zip 35.92 MB
- pdf-metadata-editor-3.0.1.jar 7.79 MB
- pdf-metadata-editor_3.0.1-1_amd64.deb 36.53 MB
- Pdf.Metadata.Editor-3.0.1.dmg 37.34 MB
- Pdf.Metadata.Editor-3.0.1.exe 37.35 MB
- Pdf.Metadata.Editor-3.0.1.msi 36.48 MB
Old 2.x Version
Installer for Windows and Linux. You need to to have Java already installed to run it.
Download “Windows & Linux Jar Installer”PdfMetadataEditor-2.2.2-installer.jar – Downloaded 115805 times – 8.82 MB
Mac OS X application.
Download “Mac Os X App”PdfMetadataEditor-2.2.2.dmg – Downloaded 68867 times – 68.00 MB
Single zip file containing everything you need (except Java) to run it on any OS. It has launchers for Windows, shell script for Linux/Mac OS and a self contained runnable jar.
Download “Extract & Run Zip”PdfMetadataEditor-2.2.2.zip – Downloaded 68072 times – 6.76 MB
Check the Help page for more information
If you have suggestions, found bugs or just want to share some idea about it you can open an issue at https://github.com/zaro/pdf-metadata-editor/issues or write me at: zarrro [AT] gmail.com
Goes to Andres Aule who helped a lot with ideas and testing.
If you find this tool useful and would like to support its development you can donate a small amount so I can buy bananas to hire a minion to work on it 🙂